Kyle Kendrick of the Philadelphia Phillies threw 117 pitches tonight across eight innings of shutout baseball. He allowed four hits, two walks and struck out seven Rockies batters.
Some quick facts about Kendrick:
- The last time Kendrick pitched more than five innings and didn’t allow an earned run was on May 28th, 2010 against the Florida Marlins. (Kendrick did pitch five innings of shutout baseball on May 7th, 2011 against the St. Louis Cardinals.)
- The last time Kendrick pitched more than seven innings of baseball in the same game was on July 3rd, 2010 when he had a complete game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The last time Kendrick stuck out more than five opposing hitters in one game was on May 2nd, 2008 against the San Francisco Giants.
- Kendrick has made 68 starts and 91 appearances between his start in 2008 and tonight’s game.
- Kendrick had seven strikeouts, total, spanning four games and 19 innings in June.
- 117 pitches is a career high for Kendrick.
Once again the Rockies make a #5 starter (actually the Phillies #6 starter behind Joe Blanton) look like an ace.